Taxi Office, Public, Employers & Contingency Liability Scheme

To ensure you get the right level of cover needed to operate legally, we provide a specific scheme that provides the required PL/EL cover, from as little as £110.00 per year!*


  • Cover up to £10M
  • School contracts
  • Operators
  • Single owner-drivers
  • Combined PL/EL cover


Contingency Liability can also be added for employed and self-employed drivers from as little as £15.00!*

Click to get a quote…

This cover is designed for school contracts, for operators and/or for single owner-drivers. It is able to provide personal liability whilst passengers are still in your care, custody, and control, and when out of your taxi up to £10M – twice the required stated by the DVA (Driver and Vehicle Agency).


Why Do You Need Public Liability and Employer Liability Insurance?

The “Taxi Operator Handbook” Version TOL2, issued by the DVA states under section 5.8 Insurance, that from November 2012:

“Where an operating centre (depot) has public access, evidence of public liability insurance of at least £5,000,000 must be provided in respect of the licensed operating centres. Similarly, where staff are employed at the taxi operating centre, the operator must provide evidence of employers liability insurance.”

*Premiums subject to individual requirements, insurers terms and conditions, insurance premium tax and administration fees.

Carter Insurance Services is a trading style of Insurance Experts Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. We are entered on the FCA Register No 309132 at The guidance and/or advice contained within this website is subject to the UK regulatory regime and is therefore primarily targeted at the customers in the UK. Registered in England No.00732594. Summit House, 170 Finchley Road, London, NW3 6BP.

© 2009-2017 Insurance Experts